(Disponibles en anglais seulement pour le moment)
Municipality of the District of Clare
SPECIAL SESSION OF COUNCIL
Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 7:00 pm
PRESENT: Council: Warden Ronnie LeBlanc, Deputy Warden Nil Doucet, Councillors Hector Thibault, Eric Pothier, Carl Deveau and Yvon LeBlanc
Staff: CAO Stéphane Cyr,
ABSENT: Councillors Danny Hill and Brian Comeau
1) Call to Order
Warden Ronnie LeBlanc called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm
2) (a) Approval of the Agenda
Warden LeBlanc asked for the approval of the Agenda.
MOVED BY Councillor Hector Thibault and SECONDED BY Councillor Yvon LeBlanc that the proposed agenda be approved as presented.
(b) Declaration of conflict of interest
The Warden asked for any declarations of conflict of interest. None declared.
3) Business Arising from Previous Council Meetings
5) New Business
5.1 Review of the 2019-2020 Capital Budget
The CAO presented an overview of the proposed 2019-20 Capital Budget. Since the June 5th Council-in-Committee meeting, minor revisions have been made to the budget based on Council feedback. Most notably:
- The addition of $100,000 for Internet
- The addition of $42,250 for the engineering work related to the repair and extension of the Meteghan sidewalk.
Other revisions included:
- Removal of the generator purchase and installation for the medical centre. This may be revisited at a later date subject to a cost-sharing agreement with the Province.
- Removal of new flooring for the municipal building
- Reduction of the budget allotted for the landfill road/path project from $75,000 to $50,000. This project is required in order to ensure continued water testing and monitoring.
- On the subject of a municipal vehicle, the decision was made to look at a small cargo van as opposed to a truck and the budget adjusted accordingly from $50,000 to $35,000. It is further understood that short term lease/rental possibilities will be explored as a possible alternative to purchasing.
Council agreed with the revisions and the budget as presented. The proposed
2019-20 Capital Budget will be presented to Council at the Regular Council meeting of June 19th for approval.
6) Closed Session
7) Date and Time of the next Regular Council Meeting
The next Regular Council Meeting will be held on June 19, 2019 at 7:00 pm.
MOVED BY Deputy Warden Nil Doucet to adjourn the meeting at 8:10 pm.
Stéphane Cyr, CAO