Municipality of Clare
Located in Southwest Nova Scotia, the Municipality of the District of Clare is a vibrant Acadian community of approximately 8,000 residents and remains Nova Scotia’s only municipal unit to conduct its business and offer its services in both official languages.
The Municipality is currently seeking applications from qualified individuals for the position of Communications Officer. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Reporting directly to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Communications Officer is responsible for the development and implementation of the Municipality’s Communications Strategy including the coordination of stakeholder communications, media relations, issues management, marketing communications, social media, speech writing, the development of public announcements as well as all other internal and external communication services for the Municipality of Clare.
- Post-secondary degree in the field of communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, or related disciplines
- Two (2) to five (5) years of related experience
- Bilingual – Fluent in both French and English
- Excellent writing, editing and translation skills
- Relevant knowledge and experience in creating content for varied media
- Strong public speaking, interpersonal and networking skills
- Previous experience in a senior administrative capacity is considered an asset
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills
A complete job description is available here.
Deadline for submission is 4:30 pm on Monday, August 27, 2018.
The Municipality thanks all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Gran Fondo Baie Sainte-Marie organizing committee is currently preparing its 4th edition on September 22nd & 23rd, 2018! In order to ensure the event’s success, we need the continued generous support of our community as we solicit sponsors to help make this 4th edition spectacular.
Click below to view our sponsorship plan and commitment form, which summarize the different levels of sponsorship as well as the advantages these will bring you!
Download our 2018 Sponsorship request form
Due to unforeseen circumstances related to the installation of the Lost to the Sea monument, the official opening of the Cape Saint Mary Lighthouse Park and monument unveiling planned for May 17th will be postponed until further notice. Thank you for your understanding and your patience.