BY LAW NO. 35
CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
1. This By Law shall be known as and may be cited as the "Chief Administrative Officer By Law".
2. The Municipality will employ a Chief Administrative Officer.
3. The Chief Administrative Officer is the head of the administrative branch of the Municipal Government for the Municipality.
4. The Chief Administrative Officer is responsible to the Council for the proper administration of all the affairs of the Municipality in accordance with the policies and plans approved and established by the Council.
5. The Council shall, except for obtaining or providing information, deal with the administrative service of the Municipality solely through the Chief Administrative Officer.
6. The Council shall provide direction on the administration, plans, policies and programs of the Municipality to the Chief Administrative Officer. No individual member of the Council shall give orders, either publicly or privately, to any employee of the Municipality.
7. The Chief Administrative Officer shall communicate with the Warden and Executive Committee on policy issues and relevant information that arise between Council and Committee of the Whole meetings and the Chief Administrative Officer shall advise Council on a regular basis.